Every Door Direct Mail® (EDDM®) Tips & Tricks:
1. You don’t want to compete with a lot of other junk mail so find out if the post office delivers a lot of junk mail on particular days and avoid those days!
2. Choose the time of the week that you usually book the most appointments
3. Frequency increases the effectiveness so deliver to the same homes 2-3 times over a 2-3 month period
Every Door Direct Mail® (EDDM®) Frequently Asked Questions:
How much is postage?
– The current EDDM® postage rate is only 17.7¢ – It doesn’t matter what size the mailer is as long as it fits in the post offices sizing specifications
What are the EDDM® specifications?
– The EDDM® needs to be at least 6.25″ tall AND wide or at least 12″ tall OR wide. It cannot be taller than 12″ OR wider than 15″. You can include more than one page (up to 3.3 ounces)
Is there any preparation needed before dropping off or shipping to the post office?
– Yes, you must bundle the mailers into bundles of 50 or 100 and include a facing slip. You must also fill out EDDM® retail form that you can print out after selecting your mail routes and delivery day. If you need to ship the bundles and forms to the post office, there are additional steps to take. Call us for those steps.
**Franchise Print Shop can take care of all of this preparation for you! Click here for bundling and preparation service pricing
For More Questions: Call us at 888-882-8857 or send us a message
Franchise Print Shop is an independent provider of mailing services that is not associated, sponsored, or otherwise approved by the United States Postal Service® to provide these services.
Every Door Direct Mail®, EDDM® are trademarks of the United States postal Service®